What is PWOR-𝙞
A transaction whereby Cagamas purchases portfolio of Islamic financings from the Approved Seller on without recourse basis
- Cagamas purchases Islamic financing originated by Islamic financial institutions, Government or selected corporations on without recourse basis
- The Islamic financing assets are equitably assigned to Cagamas with the legal title remaining with the selling institutions (Originator) while Cagamas carries the assets on its book without recourse for default risk.
- The Islamic financings are purchased at their book value i.e. the principal balance outstanding on a date which is closest to the purchase date but not earlier than the end of the month preceding the purchase date
- The Originator is appointed as trustee to administer on behalf of Cagamas, and as servicer to collect and remit the payments made by the customers to Cagamas in return for a servicer fee as agreed with Cagamas.
- The purchase mechanism is either under Bai’ al-Dayn al-Sila’ii (purchase of debts with commodities) or under Bai’ al-Aáyaan (purchase of the tangible assets) with cash depending on the underlying Shariah contracts of the originated financings.
- Outright sale to Cagamas, no recourse for default risk
- Standardized structure and documentation
- Pricing from par to premium, depending on quality of assets
- Cash purchase or settlement by Cagamas sukuk
- Originator will be appointed as Servicer for financings sold
- Customers not affected
- Transfer of credit and profit rate risks
- Manage portfolio concentration risk
- Reduce maturity mismatch
- Full capital relief
- Improve ROA and RWCR
- Fast turnaround time
- Competitive pricing
- Improve earnings stability